Detail SILICONE FLUID XIAMETER PMX200
XIAMETER® PMX-200 Silicone Fluid, 5-20 cSt
Polydimethylsiloxane base fluid
• Personal care products such as antiperspirants, deodorants, hair sprays, cleansing creams, skin creams, lotions, bath oils, suntan products, nail polishes
• Good dielectric properties
• High water repellency
• High shearability without breakdown
• High compressibility
• High spreadability
• Low surface tension
• Low fire hazard and reactivity
• Low vapor pressure
• Good heat stability
• Good leveling and easy rubout
• Essentially odorless and nontoxic
• Soluble in a wide range of solvents
• Volatile carrier
• Compatible with a wide range of cosmetic ingredients
For personal care:
• Soft feel and subtle skin lubricity
• Excellent spreading
• Leaves no residue or buildup
• Transient effect
• Nongreasy feel
For industrial applications:
• Little change in physical properties over a wide temperature span – a relatively flat viscosity-temperature slope, and serviceability from -40° C up to 200° C
• Low surface tension – readily wets clean surfaces to impart water repellency and release characteristics
• Polydimethylsiloxane fluid
• Chemical composition ( CH3) 3SiO[ SiO( CH3) 2] nSi( CH3) 3
XIAMETER PMX-200 Silicone Fluid is a polydimethylsiloxane fluid commonly used as a base fluid in personal care products due to its excellent spreading and unique volatility characteristics. It is clear, tasteless, essentially odorless and nongreasy. Unlike other volatile carriers used in the personal care industry, this volatile silicone fluid does not cool the skin when it evaporates, a consequence of its unusually low heat of vaporization.
Commercial bulk-polymerized dimethyl silicone fluids, such as XIAMETER PMX-200 Silicone Fluids, typically contain trace amounts of impurities.
HOW TO USE
XIAMETER PMX-200 Silicone Fluid may be used alone or blended with other cosmetic fluids to provide a fluid base for a variety of cosmetic ingredients. It feature good solubility in most anhydrous alcohols and in many solvents used in cosmetics.
XIAMETER PMX-200 Silicone Fluid may cause temporary eye discomfort.
Use caution when handling volatile fluids at temperatures with 10° C of the quoted flash point.
XIAMETER PMX-200 Silicone Fluids with viscosities below 5 cSt are flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames and other sources of ignition. Keep container tightly closed.
At elevated temperatures, XIAMETER PMX-200 Silicone Fluids are sensitive to contamination by strong acids, bases, some metallic compounds and oxidizing agents. These contaminants may cause an accelerated rate of volatile byproduct formation. Oxidizing agents can also cause an increase in fluid viscosity. When these conditions may exist, it is recommended that the flash point of the fluids be checked periodically to monitor operational safety. Also, ignitable conditions may exist if the fluid is giving off smoke.
Tampilkan Lebih Banyak