The Panasonic KX-TG4223N phone system comes with three handsets and a compact base station. Large buttons on the handsets and base make operation simple. The keypads light up for easy dialing at night, and the locator button on the base unit helps you find the handsets anywhere in your home.
Smart energy use
The phone' s Intelligent Eco Mode saves you both energy and money. The handsets automatically adjust power consumption based on their distances from the base station. They maintain wireless contact drawing only the battery power they need, letting you talk longer. This feature also increases the time between recharges. That extends the life of your rechargeable batteries, which means you have to replace them less frequently.
DECT cordless technology
The KX-TG4223N uses DECT ( Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) technology for clear conversations with reduced noise and excellent cordless range. It operates on the 1.9 GHz frequency bandwidth, so it won' t interfere with Wi-Fi® computer networks or other common wireless devices. If you want to expand this system to accommodate a large household or small business, you can add up to three more handsets - for a total of six - still using just one phone jack.
• Overview: The Panasonic KX-TG4223 Digital Cordless Answering System is a single line, three-handset cordless phone system with an integrated all-digital answering machine. It has a compact base unit, two additional handset chargers, and features advanced DECT 6.0 Plus technology for enhanced quality and longer range.
• DECT 6.0 Plus: DECT ( Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) operates in the 1.9 GHz frequency range, which means the KX-TG4223 phone will not conflict with other wireless devices such as computer routers, wireless keyboards, microwave ovens and other common household devices. DECT 6.0 Plus provides an 80 times increase in signal correction resolution over conventional DECT 6.0 handsets.
• Expandable Cordless System: In addition to the included cordless handsets, you can add up to three more KX-TGA421 handsets, for a total of six. All handsets can be registered to the base unit, allowing you to talk from handset-to-handset, transfer calls, and make conference calls with an outside party.
• Handset Speakerphone: The cordless handset can double as a speakerphone for hands-free conversations. The handset is squared on the bottom, allowing you to stand it up on a table top while you talk hands-free.
• 1.4" Backlit LCD: The cordless handset features a backlit 1.4" Full-dot Mono LCD screen that can display up to 16 digits x 3 lines. The handset LCD displays Caller ID information, battery strength, Caller List, Directory, plus the Function Menu table.
• Navigator Key: The navigator key on the handset is used to navigate through menus and to select items shown on the display by pushing it up, down, left, or right. You can easily adjust the receiver or speaker volume by pressing the navigator key up or down as you talk.
• Soft Keys: The handset has three soft keys which allow you to select the feature shown directly above it on the display. Some of the soft key functions include Clear, OK, and Pause.
• Caller ID: This unit is compatible with Caller ID services offered by your telephone company. If you subscribe to Caller ID, the caller' s name and phone number will be displayed and recorded in the handset' s Caller List.
• Call Waiting Caller ID: If you subscribe to Call Waiting with Caller ID, when talking on the phone as another call comes in, the second caller' s name and phone number will be displayed.
• Caller List: The unit records information for the last 50 callers and stores this information in the Caller List. The unit can show the number of calls you missed. You can call back any number in the caller list. Once a number is in the Caller List, it can be manually or automatically edited ( to add or remove area codes or prefixes) , saved in the Directory, or deleted.
• Shared Phonebook: All handsets registered to the base unit can use the unit' s phonebook. Up to 50 names and phone numbers can be stored in the base unit' s phonebook. You can enter names up to 16 characters, and phone numbers up to 24 digits. A pause can be entered in the phone number if required for dialing. Each pause is stored as one digit and the pause is approximately 3.5 seconds. The directory names are sorted alphabetically.
• Chain Dial: You can dial a number from the handset while on a call using Chain Dial. This can be used to dial a calling card access number, dial a PIN number, etc. without having to dial it manually.
• Redial List: You can review a list of the last five numbers dialed, then call any of those numbers. Each redial list entry can have a maximum of 48 digits.
• Charge/ Ringer Indicator: A small LED indicator on the top of the handset lets you know when the handset is charging. The indicator flashes quickly when the phone is ringing.
• Mute: This system features a Mute key on the cordless handset. If you wish to temporarily mute the conversation, you can mute the handset so the other party cannot hear you, but you can still hear them.
• Hold: While on an outside call, you can place the caller on Hold. The Hold feature is found in the menu.
• Handset Locator: This feature allows you to locate a handset by paging it from the base unit. All registered handsets are paged simultaneously.
• Intercom: This feature lets you set-up a 2-way conversation between two registered handsets. The base has no intercom capability.
• Call Transfer: Calls can be transferred from one handset to any other registered handset.
• Privacy Mode: You can prevent users of other handsets from joining your conversations by engaging the Privacy Mode in the Initial Setting menu. To allow other users to join your conversation ( call share) , you can turn the Privacy Mode off.
• Any Key Talk/ Auto Talk: The Any Key Talk feature allows you to press any of the numeric keys, the * key, or the # key to answer a call. When the handset is on the charger base, the Auto Talk feature allows you to answer a call by simply picking up the handset. Auto Talk can be turned on/ off in the menu.
• Volume Controls: You have the ability to adjust volume levels for the handset and the handset speakerphone. Choose from four levels when holding the handset to your ear, and six levels for the speakerphone.
• Ringer Options: On the base unit, you can select one of three ringer volume settings or Off, while the handset gives you six level settings or Off. On the handset, there are five ring tones and five ring melodies to choose from.
• Temporary Tone Dialing: If you are using a pulse dialing system, you can temporarily switch to tone dialing to enter numbers for answering services, electronic banking services, company phone directories, etc. When you hang up, the mode switches back to pulse dialing.
• Flash Key: If you have the Call Waiting service, you can use the flash key to put the first call on hold, allowing you to answer a second incoming call. You can adjust the length of the flash time if necessary.
• Security: A handset cannot operate unless it is registered with the base unit.
• Battery Information: The phone comes with two " AAA" rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride ( Ni-MH) batteries for each cordless handset. A Ni-MH battery doesn' t develop the " memory" effect like many Nickel-Cadmium ( Ni-Cad) rechargeable batteries.
• Initial Charge Time: 7 hours
• Battery Talk Time: up to 10 hours continuous
• Battery Standby Time: up to 6 days
• Intelligent Eco Mode: The Intelligent Eco Mode feature automatically reduces the power consumption of the handset by suppressing handset transmission power when the handset is close to the base unit. This extends talk time and prolongs battery life.
• Wall Mounting: The base unit and battery charger for the cordless handset can be placed on a desk or table, or can be wall mounted using the included bracket.
Answering System Features
• All-Digital Answering System: The Panasonic KX-TG4223 is equipped with an all-digital answering system for recording, saving, and retrieving your messages. Messages are recorded onto an advanced microchip for quiet operation and easy retrieval.
• Total Recording Time: The total time for recording is approximately 18 minutes for all messages ( including greeting) . A maximum of 64 messages can be recorded. All messages are saved until you delete them. When the memory is full, an indicator on the base unit flashes rapidly, " Messages Full" is shown on the handset display, and, if you use the pre-recorded greeting message, the unit automatically switches to another pre-recorded greeting that asks callers to call again later.
• Caller' s Recording Time: You can select 1, 2, or 3 minutes for recording incoming messages. Individual messages can be played back and erased from the base unit or the handsets.
• Greetings: You can record a personal greeting of up to 2 minutes. The unit also comes with 2 pre-recorded messages; one used when the unit has no available recording time, and one used when a message will be recorded.
• Number of Rings: You can set the number of rings before the answering system answers the call. Your choices are 2 to 7 rings, or Toll Saver. When set to Toll Saver, the unit will answer on the second ring when there is at least one new message, or on the fifth ring when there are no new messages. This allows you to save on toll charges for the call by hanging up when you hear the third ring, knowing there are no messages.
• Call Screening: You can listen to an incoming message as the caller leaves it using the handset' s speaker.
• Message Alert: When a new message has been received, the play button on the base unit will flash, and " New Message" is displayed on the handsets' display.
• Remote Operation: You can operate the Answering System from any touch-tone phone. The system is protected by a three-digit remote code to prevent unauthorized access. You can either use the unit' s voice prompts ( in English or Spanish) or direct commands by pressing keys. During remote operation, you can perform the following functions:
• Playback all messages or playback new messages only
• Repeat or skip a message
• Play the greeting
• Record a new greeting
• Erase currently playing message or all messages
• Turn the answering system on or off
• Voice Mail Services: The KX-TG4223 will integrate with your telephone company' s voice mail service to make it easier to retrieve your messages. When you receive a new Voice Mail message, the telephone company sends special tones to alert you that a new message is available. The KX-TG4223 detects these tones, causing the message indicator on the handset to flash slowly, and by displaying " New Voice Mail" in the LCD. You can program your Voice Mail access number ( along with your password and any necessary pauses) so you can dial it automatically to retrieve your messages.
• compact base station with handset
• 2 additional handsets with recharging cradles
• uses DECT 6.0 cordless phone standard
• 1.9 GHz frequency range avoids interference with Wi-Fi networks
• multi-handset operation ( add up to 3 optional handsets for a total of 6)
• 1.4" amber, backlit LCD display on handset
• lighted handset keypad with large buttons
• 50-entry Caller ID memory and 50-entry phonebook memory
• 4-way conferencing between outside line and up to two handsets
• handset speakerphones
• voice paging ( base to all handsets)
• jack for optional headset on each handset
• wall mountable base
• NiMH rechargeable batteries ( two AAAs)
• base station: 3-13/ 16" W x 2-1/ 8" H x 5-3/ 8" D
• warranty: 1 year